Emerald Coast Drifters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5Flags input

+15
wills14
jray
thats_a_miata
RIDINICE
daniel trey foster
s2kgirl
ebphoto
beerntits
s13beast
thumper
Burris
lokela
Boost_Dependent
240LSX
freshlikesushi
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

5Flags input - Page 3 Empty Re: 5Flags input

Post  freshlikesushi Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:52 pm

beerntits wrote:
freshlikesushi wrote:learn you not to hit the shit.
the reason they are there is so there is less dirt riding and tearing up of tarmac

cones can't do the same thing? come one now, people are fucking up their bumpers on those barrels.

you should atleast run it by them, after all this is what this thread is about. That would atleast hold some type of productiveness besides "learn you not to hit the shit"

let me word it better for you

they put more money in the small amount of pavement then they made in the past 3 events. They want it to cure correctly, part of that is us not dirt dropping hten going back on the pavement on the edges. For them to use cones, people would mow them down. With barrels, it makes you think twice about not using a little more of the 4 extra feet they laid.

so yes, when i tell you learn not to hit the shit, Learn not to hit the shit

what are you going to do when we move to having walls as inner apexes like one of the 3 lines we are looking at for summer incorporate? Gonna wanna move that back? no, you will use more track and not hit the shit.

clipping points are supposed to be a "near miss" not hit and break your bumper. if you do, charge it to the game.

that being said, im with them on the decision to have the barrels to deter cutting the corner and damaging the brand new pavement. you should be too nad not hit it

freshlikesushi

http://flsimages.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stroker-Porsche Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Put a cone just inside the barrel as a buffer for those that are barrel challenged.
Stroker-Porsche
Stroker-Porsche

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm

smh

ill do that though. next time, we will have barrels where they are, and cones as the clipping point. Would that be better? (seriously, not being a smartass)

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  jhicks Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:37 pm

What are the chances they could add some dirt to the outside of the new pavement? Its a pretty far drop from the asphalt to the dirt. Apparently I got on two wheels when I dirt dropped and my frame hit the pavement. I know the idea is to stay on the track but stuff happens. Nothing fancy, just some dirt packed down. I realize laying dirt in itself can get expensive, but it wouldn't hurt to run it by them, I suppose

jhicks

Back to top Go down

Post  crazy_slow93 Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 am

freshlikesushi wrote:smh

ill do that though. next time, we will have barrels where they are, and cones as the clipping point. Would that be better? (seriously, not being a smartass)

seems like a good idea. but i deff agree with leaving the barrels in place to deter people from running off track.

and if anything was said.. oops for smashing the shit outta that barrel with the front bumper on my first pass. bom i noticed it was still dented in later in the day.... that blower scoop had my depth perception of the frontend of the car WAY off at first... Surprised

crazy_slow93

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 am

jhicks wrote:What are the chances they could add some dirt to the outside of the new pavement? Its a pretty far drop from the asphalt to the dirt. Apparently I got on two wheels when I dirt dropped and my frame hit the pavement. I know the idea is to stay on the track but stuff happens. Nothing fancy, just some dirt packed down. I realize laying dirt in itself can get expensive, but it wouldn't hurt to run it by them, I suppose

no.
becuase thats how we destroyed the last pavement. STAY ON THE PAVEMENT. if we keep tearing it up he will kick us out.
Hence why he spent the money to widen the track. only two people went off while drifting, the rest just ran off, so its isolated to a few instances.

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:48 am

crazy_slow93 wrote:
freshlikesushi wrote:smh

seems like a good idea. but i deff agree with leaving the barrels in place to deter people from running off track.

and if anything was said.. oops for smashing the shit outta that barrel with the front bumper on my first pass. bom i noticed it was still dented in later in the day.... that blower scoop had my depth perception of the frontend of the car WAY off at first... Surprised

nah dude. i told tim to be prepared for any barrels on teh track to get destroyed. He said he didnt care. and that was like the first event i suck phallic objects. beat the shit outta em

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  jhicks Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Yo, is there anything we could do to not have such a huge line of cars waiting to drift? At the last practice there was 35 drivers and there ended up being a lot of waiting. Perhaps separate the drivers into two groups based on when they sign up to drive? We all get numbers on our driver stickers so the even numbered drivers could run together and odds run together. This would help you have more runs closer together and be able to eat, go to the bathroom, change tires, etc without having to lose as much seat time. The groups just swap back and forth after so many runs. You wouldnt have to spend most of the day sitting in the staging lane. Obviously competitions are a different story. Any thoughts?

jhicks

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

um.. that isnt a bad idea. let me think it over and figure it out.

the problem is, guys will want to be together, and then i have to make sure THOSE guys are in the same group, and it could possibly make it uneven. ill work on it

it is a good idea.

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  240LSX Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:46 pm

What about the possibility of more seat time now that the days will be getting longer and the sun does'nt set till around 7. I wasn't at the last practice but from what I heard seat time wasn't an issue. Possibly more time for the event days?

240LSX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3