Emerald Coast Drifters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5Flags input

+15
wills14
jray
thats_a_miata
RIDINICE
daniel trey foster
s2kgirl
ebphoto
beerntits
s13beast
thumper
Burris
lokela
Boost_Dependent
240LSX
freshlikesushi
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

5Flags input - Page 2 Empty prob too much to ask for at this point, but just throwin it out there....

Post  daniel trey foster Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 am

think we can get some plastic or concrete, movable jersey barriers, mainly for filming and to wrap around the "blue fuel building" that is in the middle of the track. that'll open up the possibility of different track configs and allow for better cam footage. 10 at the most. and possibly paving the area outside the track by the entrance gate for an open lot for a beginners course..... just some ideas
daniel trey foster
daniel trey foster

Back to top Go down

5Flags input - Page 2 Empty Re: 5Flags input

Post  RIDINICE Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:34 pm

So where the new pavement is going would it be possible to remove the barrels from turn two to go out by that wall too, then have the right turn thats right before the consession stand?
RIDINICE
RIDINICE

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:54 pm

that is what im trying to convice him to do. he is worried about walls and safety with only 1/5th of hte people (yes i caounted) with properly mounted harnesses/decent seats (not even saying FIA/SFI)

Imagine you take it to wide, slam into the wall, without the proper safety stuff. his insurance pays out for your injuries, and insurance goes up, we dont drift.

it all comes down to being overly cautious until we can prove that things wont happen like someone LAST event doing a burnout so long, it burned off the tires then the wheels dug into the ground creating 4 pits in the ground he has to pay to have redone. Until we can behave how we should, and not do big burnouts after the finish line and shit, i can only ask for so much.

freshlikesushi

http://flsimages.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Boost_Dependent Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:19 pm

What I don't understand about America--"I'm going to take my car to a track and slide it around, and I know there is a possibility of me wrecking it or injuring myself, but if I do then I will blame the track." What sense does this make? It should be the drivers fault because he knew the risks involved before hand and he, the driver, should be accountable for his actions, not the track. That is just common sense that it seems America has forgot about. Like, oh, I spilled this knowingly hot ass coffee on but I am suing McDonald's because they had hot coffee and didn't tell me...really people?
Boost_Dependent
Boost_Dependent

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boostdependent/

Back to top Go down

Post  RIDINICE Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 pm

No liabilty release forms are availible...
RIDINICE
RIDINICE

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:13 pm

just because you sign it, doesnt mean you cant sue. it happens every day.

you sign it every time you walk into the track. everyone does.

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Boost_Dependent Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Yes, but what I am saying is that there should be no viable reason to sue the track at all because the driver and spectator took on full knowledge of the potential danger; therefore, it would be the driver or spectators fault, not the tracks. This is just common sense and I really don't understand why people don't see it this way.
Boost_Dependent
Boost_Dependent

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boostdependent/

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:46 pm

i agree. BUT. CYA.
if something happens, people sue. it is america unfortunately. one of many reasons i love it here.

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  thats_a_miata Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 am

just more organization and a little more concrete for more turns. thats the only thing i could see to be better but i enjoyed the event.

thats_a_miata

Back to top Go down

Post  thumper Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:50 pm

As far as getting people out to the events I think we should have a legit bikini contest, not like that bs that was at Holt. Everyone loves bikini contests, or is that just me? we could get the word out to the strip clubs in the area, I'm sure those girls would like the extra money. Just sayin[u]
thumper
thumper

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:44 pm

sure, you find the girls and we can do it.
just a hunch, but most the chicks at 5 flags wouldnt be down. but i could be way wrong

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  thumper Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 pm

ill see if I can out source
thumper
thumper

Back to top Go down

5Flags input - Page 2 Empty Suggestions on question/ Main thing id like is more drift time instead of 4 hrs

Post  jray Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Different track layouts, but the current one still has the nice wide speed last left hand turn before finish right in front of spectators which is cool. New concrete always a plus just depends where its put. Prolly outsource some cheap spare helmets so the track actually has a few it can loan to last minute wanting to ride spectators who came with intention of never riding along or knowing its available with like id holding for collateral so all helmets are recieved back. MY MAIN one would be to extend the amount of time able to drift, right now its pretty much 4 hrs making it 10 an hr to drift. Not complaining but im sher a lot would agree.

jray

Back to top Go down

Post  s13beast Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Is there any way to park people in the regular track spectator parking and walk them down into the infield?
s13beast
s13beast

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

jray wrote:Different track layouts, but the current one still has the nice wide speed last left hand turn before finish right in front of spectators which is cool. New concrete always a plus just depends where its put. Prolly outsource some cheap spare helmets so the track actually has a few it can loan to last minute wanting to ride spectators who came with intention of never riding along or knowing its available with like id holding for collateral so all helmets are recieved back. MY MAIN one would be to extend the amount of time able to drift, right now its pretty much 4 hrs making it 10 an hr to drift. Not complaining but im sher a lot would agree.

pretty sure based on last practice noone can agree.
there were 5 cars for the last 45 minutes drifting. that ALONE showed him 4 hours was enough. Competition days may go longer once they sun stays out longer however to allow for more drifting.

If you have course ideas, post them up. im sending him all the ideas you guys give me, so the more input i get, the more i can relay. thats why i have this post here!

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  s2kgirl Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 pm

freshlikesushi wrote:sure, you find the girls and we can do it.
just a hunch, but most the chicks at 5 flags wouldnt be down. but i could be way wrong

ill do it i aint scared! i have no ass or boobies thought but atleast i'm not fat. i'm also pale but that's what they make spray tan for! =)
s2kgirl
s2kgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  thumper Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:11 am

Well there is one volunteer
thumper
thumper

Back to top Go down

Post  wills14 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 pm

freshlikesushi wrote:that is what im trying to convice him to do. he is worried about walls and safety with only 1/5th of hte people (yes i caounted) with properly mounted harnesses/decent seats (not even saying FIA/SFI)

Imagine you take it to wide, slam into the wall, without the proper safety stuff. his insurance pays out for your injuries, and insurance goes up, we dont drift.

it all comes down to being overly cautious until we can prove that things wont happen like someone LAST event doing a burnout so long, it burned off the tires then the wheels dug into the ground creating 4 pits in the ground he has to pay to have redone. Until we can behave how we should, and not do big burnouts after the finish line and shit, i can only ask for so much.

sorry about that burnout grant didnt even think of it like that i was more or less doing it cause my tires were already done tell tim it wont happen again

wills14

Back to top Go down

Post  jhicks Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

I know it was brought up at the meeting, but a set schedule would be so great. If not a set in stone schedule, at least a day in the month (think first sunday or what have you, not numerical day) set aside just in case. I made plans weeks ago and I wont be able to make the 4th more than likely. I know poor me but we need everyone there we can get. Thoughts? I'm swapping turbos tonight just in case I can make it.

jhicks

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm

tha 4th and the 11th ahve been mentioned since a week after the last event.

A set in stone schedule is not likely at this point unfortunately. Our days are determined by when he can fit us in with other races

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Stroker-Porsche Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

New asphalt worked great. No shutting down for cleaning every 20 minutes.

Once it warms up a little a night event under the lights would be cool.
Stroker-Porsche
Stroker-Porsche

Back to top Go down

Post  beerntits Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Clipping points.
cones>barrels
beerntits
beerntits

Back to top Go down

Post  freshlikesushi Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:33 pm

learn you not to hit the shit.
the reason they are there is so there is less dirt riding and tearing up of tarmac

freshlikesushi

Back to top Go down

Post  beerntits Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm

freshlikesushi wrote:learn you not to hit the shit.
the reason they are there is so there is less dirt riding and tearing up of tarmac

cones can't do the same thing? come one now, people are fucking up their bumpers on those barrels.

you should atleast run it by them, after all this is what this thread is about. That would atleast hold some type of productiveness besides "learn you not to hit the shit"

Last edited by beerntits on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
beerntits
beerntits

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan23554 Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 pm

I agree^
nathan23554
nathan23554

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content